Monday, October 16, 2006

Dublin City horrible images.

Dublin City Council are attempting to extract money from the citizens under the guise of charging for collecting our rubbish. This service is already paid for by our taxes and is included in their legal responsibilities for managing the city. They also try to prove that it is always the citizen that is at fault. That may be true, but it is also true that their job is to manage the imperfections of the citizens. They like to think that they are perfect but they are not and in this blog I will attempt to show them where they are failing the citizens of Dublin. I will show spots where litter is constantly dumped and ignored for long periods of time. I will show traffic lights that are not co-ordinated, road works that are left in dangerous conditions and any other imperfections that I come across.

In many cases when Senior management see some of the scenes that I will show, they will be very embarrassed and now doubt address it immediately, however as I have no other way to let them know what is happening on the streets, they will have to put up with me using this blog and showing their imperfections to the world. I,d rather not show the world how badly managed our streets are, but in the end of the day I only have a blog as a means to publish the issues.

In some cases I will use video and in others I will use still photography, either way it will be real and unedited. There will be no digital image trickery. What you see will be what I see.

In this video you will see a laneway at the back of the shops on Faussaugh Avenue in Cabra, Dublin. This laneway is a source of constant complaint by the homes on the other side of it. It is cleaned periodically by Dublin City Council staff and they do a very good job at it. However they should be able to stop the polluters and if not, they should clean it much more regularly. Obviously an example of how not to manage the city and somebody in Dublin City Council is not doing their job properly.

The video was taken on 16th October 2006.

Press the play button to view the video.

No comments: